According to the Guangdong Meteorological Bureau, a cold front will make a slight dent in the recent heatwave after the National Day holiday, bringing rainfall and temperature drop to the province.
People enjoy flying kites at the Qianhai Guiwan Park in Shenzhen during the National Day holiday. (Photo: Zhu Hongbo)
The province is likely to suffer from a typhoon too, as a tropical disturbance has developed into a tropical depression in the central South China Sea. It is forecast to upgrade into a typhoon and make landfall on the southern coastal area of Vietnam on the morning of October 8, affecting the weather in Guangdong.
Starting from October 8, the province will have increasing thunderstorms, and be hit by rainstorms with downpours in some regions on October 9-10, disrupting the current heatwave.
A girl poses for a photo at the Guangzhou Children's Park during the National Day holiday. (Photo: Zhang Guanjun)
October 7, sunny with cloudy spells and showers in some areas on the Leizhou Peninsula, sunny with cloudy spells in other parts of the province; highest temperature: 34℃-37℃ in northern Guangdong, Pearl River Delta region and northern regions of western Guangdong, 31℃-33℃ in other parts of the province;
October 8, cloudy with sunny spells and thunderstorms in southern coastal cities, cloudy with sunny spells and scattered thundershowers across other regions of the province; highest temperature: 33℃-35℃ in northern Guangdong, Pearl River Delta region and Yunfu, 30℃-32℃ in other regions of the province;
October 9-10, heavy rains and rainstorms in the Pearl River Delta region, western Guagndong and eastern Guangdong, overcast with thunderstorm and rainstorms in some regions of northern Guangdong, gale-force winds around Level 8-9 to be expected in some cities in central and northern parts of the province.
A man takes photos of the sky in front of the Guangzhou Railway Station during the National Day holiday. (Photo: Dong Tianjian)
7-day weather forecast for Guangzhou
● October 7 (Thursday), sunny with cloudy spells, thunder showers expected in some regions, 24℃-35℃;
● October 8 (Friday), cloudy with thunder showers, heavy rains expected in some regions, 25℃-33℃;
● October 9 (Saturday), cloudy with heavy rains, rainstorms expected in some regions, 24℃-30℃;
● October 10 (Sunday), cloudy with heavy rains, rainstorms expected in some regions, 24℃-30℃;
● October 11 (Monday), cloudy with showers, 23℃-32℃;
● October 12 (Tuesday), cloudy with sunny spells, 23℃-32℃;
● October 13 (Wednesday), thundershowers and rainstorms, 23℃-31℃.
People enjoy the holiday at Dapeng Xichong Beach in Shenzhen during the National Day holiday. (Photo: Zhu Hongbo)
Author | Monica
Editor | Jerry